One or two Things To Avoid When Designing The Web Site
Be aware of these common issues when designing your web site:
– The home page does not quickly let you know what the Site is all about. You will be able to go to the home page of any Website and figure out what the site is about, what type of products that sells, or perhaps what it is marketing and advertising within five seconds.
– Poor people use of pop-up windows, splashy advertising, landing pages (pages with neat animated graphics and appear but which you have to watch with respect to five to ten secs before you are taken to the real Net site), and other Web design features that draw interest away from your Web page, products, and/ or products and services.
– Poor Web site routing. This includes busted hyperlinks, concealed navigation, poor wording of navigational links, links that take one to pages without links, links that consider you to a similar Web page, and pages with no links to the home page (always will include a link back for the home page in order that regardless of where guests are, they can find the way back house! ).
– Believing that because you have a Web site, you could have a marketing advertising campaign or general marketing and advertising technique. You need to understand that your Web page is not your marketing strategy. Your Web page is just a a part of your overall web marketing strategy, depending on your business goals; for instance , if you have a prospering restaurant yet want to advertise and market your business blog.annisaaconceptsltd.com on the net. Creating a Web-site is great, but since it is not marketed and promoted, no one is ever going to find it. Simply by passing out business cards with your Website URL embossed on them, you are using a conventional marketing campaign to develop your Web page. If you give a downloadable/ printable coupon through your Web site, you are effectively using your Website as part of your web marketing strategy to meet your goal of elevated restaurant sales.
– Inability to attain Internet site relevance and content changing. There is nothing at all more dissatisfying to a Web customer than visiting a Web site that is grossly out of date. Completely wrong pricing, goods no longer offered, dated content, and old advertising every signify for the Web site visitor that your devotion to your Web site is usually suffering significantly. Cramming the pages with non-relevant material will deter the visitor from getting the level of your Web page (the five-second rule described earlier).
– Avoid way too many text results. Forget blinking text, treating text, gymnastics text, or perhaps other amazing and dizzying effects, which in turn do nothing a lot more than annoy your websites visitor. Have a tendency create a “loud” Web site that may contain so many blinking, flashing, twirling, and rotating icons, textual content, or images that tourists are stressed by the effects and under-whelmed by the site content.
– Limit the number of design on your Website so that you may overwhelm your web blog visitors with “graphics overburden. ” Avoid using animated GIF images in your Web site. These were cool 10 years ago, employing today’s professional environment, they can be just another “loud, ” annoying distraction that site visitors is not going to want to see.
– Don’t use Microsoft’s themes (built-in design templates) when creating a site with Frontpage from microsoft. While FrontPage is bashed on a regular basis, we stand by the fact that it may be used to design superb Web sites.
– Don’t integrate frames in to Web site design and style. The use of glasses within a Web-site will drive customers away faster than anything!
— DO incorporate the proper Web site design elements to ensure that the Web site is ready to be found by search engines.